These Toilet Paper Roll Sunflower Paintings are a fun way to reuse your old toilet paper rolls! All you do is dip them in paint and make your sunflower!
I’ve been holding onto some old toilet paper rolls for a while now in hopes of making a craft with them. I do a fun binocular in mind, I wanted to share these toilet paper roll sunflower paintings with you today because sunflowers are in full bloom right now!
These Sunflower Paintings are really simple and easy but come out perfect every time using your handy toilet paper stamp! Your kids can customize the paper and paint colors and make them their own.
What You’ll need for these sunflower paintings
- Construction paper – You can choose any color you like. We chose yellow because that is the color of a sunflower but you could use a different color and then paint the petals yellow.
- Paint – The sunflower can be painted with any color you want. I happened to have some gold paint on hand so that is what we used. I then used green paint fo the stem and leaves.
- Toilet paper roll – A toilet paper roll is perfect for stamping the center and petals of the sunflower. You just need one toilet paper roll.
- Sunflower seeds – Sunflower seeds are a fun option for the center of the sunflower but you could also just paint the seeds on or leave it bare.
- Glue – Glue is needed for the sunflowers to stick. I used hot glue but Elmers glue would work as well.
How to make a toilet paper roll sunflower painting
There are just a few easy steps to make these fun paintings!
- You start by placing one end of the toilet paper roll in paint and then stamping a circle in the top middle of your paper.
- You then squeeze the roll together to make it more of an oval shape with two slightly pointed ends and place it in the paint again and stamp your flower petals all around the center circle.
- Glue your sunflower seeds to the center of your sunflower and then paint a stem and leaves on. You can also get creative and paint other things like, bugs, a sun, grass, other flowers, etc…
If you love sunflowers, check out these cute Sunflower Crowns we posted last summer!
See exactly how we make these fun paintings below!
Toilet Paper Roll Sunflower Paintings
These easy sunflower paintings come out perfect every single time using an old toilet paper roll!
- Construction paper
- Toilet paper roll
- Sunflower seeds
- Small paint tray bit enough to fit a toilet paper roll end in
- Place one end of the toilet paper roll in the paint and stamp it on the paper in the top middle section. Then, squeeze the toilet paper roll together so that it is in an oval shape with two slightly pointed ends. Place it back in the paint and stamp the petals on all around the middle circle.
- Glue the sunflower seeds to the middle of the sunflower and paint on a stem and leaves. Let dry and enjoy!
Leave a Reply