This Easy Parmesan Pasta takes just 20 minutes to make and you only need 6 ingredients! It’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that kids will love!
I’m not lying when I say that this 20 Minute Parmesan Pasta tastes exactly like garlic bread! It’s cheesy, garlicky (as much as you like) and although I originally made it for my kids, I ended up eating most of it myself 🙂 It’s also made with 6 ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now.
I have really embraced easy, 30 minute dinners since having kids and pasta is one of my go-to’s when I need to get dinner on the table quickly. My three year old doesn’t care for red sauce very much so I need to get slightly creative with our pasta dishes. I’ve made this Parmesan Pasta a few times now and it’s already a favorite around here.
What You’ll Need For This 20 Minute Parmesan Pasta
There are only 6 ingredients in this recipe and most of them you probably already have in your kitchen!
- Pasta – You can use any type of pasta you like for this recipe. I chose bowties because I think they’re fun for kids to eat!
- Parmesan cheese – A lot of other garlic parmesan pasta recipes I see use freshly grated parmesan and you can you use that, but I prefer using the grated parmesan cheese in the shaker because it doesn’t get too melty so the noodles don’t stick together and I feel like it coats them really nicely.
- Butter – The butter helps create a nice sauce and gives the parmesan something to help it stick to the noodles.
- Half and half or milk – I don’t normally have half and half on hand but I bought it when my sister was visiting and it gave the recipe a really nice creaminess. You could also use milk.
- Garlic powder – I like to use granulated garlic instead of garlic powder because I feel like it has a stronger taste. You can add however much you want of the garlic powder to suit your child’s taste.
- Salt – season to taste!
How To Make This Parmesan Pasta Recipe
This Parmesan Pasta Recipe is ridiculously easy to make!
- You start by cooking the pasta according to package directions, drain it and then add it back to the pot.
- Next, add butter, half and half (or milk), parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt. Stir together until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (if your child will allow it 🙂 ) and enjoy!
This Parmesan Pasta Recipe is pretty versatile and you can easily add additional veggies or protein if you like.
- Vegetables: broccoli, corn, peas, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, eggplant, squash
- Protein: crispy chickpeas, tofu, tempeh, chicken, shrimp
Let us know what you think if you make this recipe!
- 1 lb pasta, your favorite kind
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, I like to use the kind that you put on pizza in the shaker
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta and add back to the pot.
- Add in the butter, milk, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt. Stir until everything is mixed together and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Leftover pasta will stay good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. To re-heat, heat a large pan over medium heat and add a little butter or olive oil. Next add the pasta and cook until heated through.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 246 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 22mg Sodium 392mg Carbohydrates 31g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 9g