These Rainbow Flower Wall Hangings are so much fun to make and will be a beautiful decoration either inside or outside of your house!
Honestly, summer is not my favorite season. It’s hot and the kids can’t play outside quite as long as they would like to. But, today was overcast and cool and perfect! I took the kids on a walk and they had so much fun gathering the flowers for these Rainbow Flower Wall Hangings.
I’m sure I’ve said it before, but the thing I love most about nature based crafts is that the searching for the materials is just as fun as making the actual craft. We made it into a rainbow flower scavenger hunt and my four year old loved it.
What You’ll Need To Make Rainbow Flower Wall Hangings
- Flowers – Summer is the perfect time to make these rainbow wall hangings because there are so many flowers out. We were about to find all of these colors of flowers just on a short walk around the neighborhood. If you can’t find all the rainbow colors you can just improvise and use what you can find. I also used a few leaves, grasses and berries that we found.
- Cardboard – Cardboard is nice and sturdy so it allows you to hang it up. You could also use regular paper if that’s all you have on hand, it just might not hold up as well.
- Hot Glue – I love using hot glue because it dries really quickly. Elmers glue would also work, but it would just take longer to dry.
- String – You just need a small amount of string to make a little hanger so you can hang your rainbow on the wall or outside.
Ideas on how to personalize your wall hanging
- You can make the rainbows as big or as small as you like! I made mine fairly small since we didn’t have a ton of flowers to work with. You could also do a few small ones and attach them to a mobile.
- Use dried flowers to make sure it lasts a long time.
- Instead of using the traditional rainbow colors you could pick just a few favorite colors and use those instead.
We hope you all are having a fun summer, despite all the craziness going on right now. I’ve found that during these times it’s extra important to get the kids outside, moving around. Outdoor play gets their creative juices flowing and really allows them to use their imagination. Anytime you can incorporate nature and a craft or activity is a great thing!
- Different colored flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Go outside and gather your rainbow colored flowers. If you want to preserve these wall hangings you can dry your flowers before making them.
- Draw a rainbow with clouds on a piece of cardboard and cut out.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue your flowers in a rainbow pattern.
- Turn over and attach the string with hot glue.
- Hang up in your favorite place!