This fun and delicious Leprechaun Lemonade is naturally colored and sweetened with maple syrup! It’s a perfect St. Patrick’s Day Treat for the whole family, especially the kids!
Can you believe it’s already March? That means that it’s almost St. Patrick’s Day! Green beer is always a nice adult treat for the holiday, but now your kids can have something special too with this super fun Leprechaun Lemonade! It’s naturally colored, no food coloring used here! And it’s sweetened with maple syrup instead of white sugar.
I’m guessing your first question is going to be if you can taste the spinach in there and the answer is no! Spinach has such a mild flavor and you only use a small handful, so it’s completely masked with the addition of the lemon and maple syrup.
What You’ll Need For This Leprechaun Lemonade Recipe
- Spinach – You only need a very small handful of spinach leaves. I find that the regular spinach leaves have a bit more of a stronger taste so I like to use the fresh baby spinach leaves. Kale would also work in this recipe to make it green but you might end up with a slightly bitter flavor.
- Filtered Water – This is an easy one that everyone should already have on hand 🙂
- Lemon Juice – I always recommend using fresh lemon juice, the pre-squeezed stuff in the little yellow lemon shaped container does not taste very good. You’ll need about 6-8 lemons depending on how big they are.
- Maple Syrup – I always use pure maple syrup in my recipes. You can find it next to all the other maple syrup and it’s usually in a glass bottle. I buy the dark amber kind.
How To Make Leprechaun Lemonade
This homemade lemonade recipe is so easy to make! It’s just like making regular lemonade, except you add in some spinach.
- You start by adding a handful of spinach to your blender with about 4 cups of water. You blend it for a minute or so and then you run it through a strainer. This will make it so you don’t actually get any big chunks of spinach in the lemonade.
- You then add more water, fresh lemon juice and maple syrup. Stir, add ice and you’ve got delicious and festive homemade lemonade!
Why Kids Will Love This Lemonade
It’s sweet, tangy and green! I don’t know about you, but my kids always love fun foods/drinks that I make to celebrate the holidays. It just makes it extra special for them and it’s so fun to start holiday traditions with your children 🙂
See exactly how I make this Leprechaun Lemonade below!
This Leprechaun Lemonade is such a fun drink to make for your kids on St. Patrick's Day!
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves
- 10 cups filtered water, divided
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup, or more if you desire
- Add the spinach to a blender and cover with 4 cups water. Blend spinach for about 1 minute, until it's completely blended in.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large pitcher and slowly pour the spinach water in. You want to avoid as much of the bubbles and spinach matter as possible.
- Pour in the remaining 6 cups of water to the pitcher, along with the lemon juice and maple syrup. Stir and add additional lemon juice or maple syrup if desired. Best when chilled or served over ice.
This recipe makes a large amount of lemonade, you can easily halve it if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 11 Serving Size 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 1g
Nutrition information will differ depending on the brand of products used.
Leave a Reply