These Strawberry Lemonade Creamsicles are super tangy and creamy to make the perfect treat for a hot summer day. This is easily one of my new favorite frozen treats because it features raw honey and greek yogurt to make it much healthier than t
raditional popsicles or ice pops.
What ingredients are needed for Strawberry Lemonade Creamsicles?
- Frozen or fresh strawberries are essential; I used frozen strawberries because I don’t have to prep them but you can easily use fresh.
- Raw honey; you can use any kind of honey but I love using local raw honey thanks to all the health benefits. My kids are also over 1 year old so it’s safe to use.
- Greek Yogurt; I chose greek yogurt for this to add some protein and no additional sugar into these creamsicles. You could substitute another yogurt here if you that’s all you have and I might even try whole milk but haven’t tested that.
- Lemon juice; I would recommend fresh squeezed here but you could try bottled if that’s all you have access to.
- Popsicle molds; I would recommend the silicon ones I just grabbed off amazon as they are really nice. You can use the reusable sticks or regular wooden popsicle sticks. It has a lid, funnel and brush to help clean things! You could also use Dixie cups and wooden sticks if you don’t have a mold.
How do you make the perfect Strawberry Lemonade Creamsicles?
These are actually super easy to make.
- Blend your lemons
- Blend the remaining ingredients together
- Pour them into your molds.
- Freeze overnight.
- Run molds under hot water for 15-25 seconds to loosen the popsicles.
What substitutes could I make to these homemade popsicles?
These are pretty easy to customize based on what you have on hand. As I mentioned you could try different yogurts or even milk instead of greek yogurt.
You could use another kind of sugar if you’d like. I’ve only tested with raw honey but my next choice would be maple syrup or agave. If you use a granulated sugar you’ll need to boil it with the liquid to make a simple syrup so I would stick with one of the liquid sweeteners for ease.
If you’re a huge lime fan you could substitute that or even orange but obviously you’d have a totally different recipe.
A few things to note about this recipe, I reduced the lemon juice after my first test run because it was super sour. If you like sour flavors then kick the lemon back up but it wasn’t something my kids would like so I reduced that. These were not as sweet as they could have been. I did decrease the honey in my second test run because I prefer a bit more sour and a bit less sweet.
You also notice the two different popsicle mold containers I used. The first one I bought at home goods on a whim and the popsicles tend to stick. I grabbed this silicon one off amazon and it’s so much better and easier to get the popsicles out in one solid piece!
Easy Strawberry Lemonade Creamsicle
These strawberry lemonade creamsicles are the perfect tangy summertime treat. They are sweetened just honey and the greek yogurt gives them a creamy protein boost!
- 1.5 cups Frozen or Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4th cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Lemon Juice (4 large or 5 small lemons)
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- 2. Blend until the mixture if very smooth.
- 3. Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
- 4. Freeze overnight for at least 8 hours.
- 5. Run molds under hot water for 15-25 seconds to loosen popsicles.
- 6. Enjoy!
Consume within 2-3 months.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 263Total Fat 5.7gSaturated Fat 4.3gSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 25.8gFiber .9gSugar 24.8gProtein 27.4g