These Peanut Butter Banana Cookies only require 4 simple ingredients and are so easy to make! They’re also gluten free and vegan. Great for breakfast, snacks or dessert!
How are you all holding up? We’ve been passing the time by doing lots of baking! We’ve made muffins, cakes and lots of cookies. These 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Cookies are one of our favorite things to make and you don’t even need flour to make them!
These peanut butter banana cookies are super easy to make and a great one for kids to help with! My son loves mashing the bananas and helping to put the (optional) toppings on the cookies. They’re not super crumbly either, so they’re good for really little ones too (my one year old gobbles them up!)
What You’ll Need For This Peanut Butter Banana Cookie Recipe
- Oats – I have only made this recipe with old fashioned oats. Therefore I can’t say for sure if quick cooking oats would work. Steel cut oats would definitely not work well in this recipe.
- Bananas – You only need 2 small-medium sized bananas. The riper, the better!
- Pure Maple Syrup – Not the pancake syrup, you need pure maple syrup. You could also use honey, brown rice syrup or agave syrup.
- Peanut Butter – I like to use creamy peanut butter without any sugar or salt added. You could also use chunky peanut butter if you like that texture. I was making them with my one year old in mind so I didn’t want to add any chunky peanuts to the batter.
How To Make These Easy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
There’s only a few steps and they’re all quick and easy!
- You start by blending up the oats. You don’t want to quite make them into oat flour, a little bit of texture is good. Just pulse them a few times in the food processor to get the best results. You can see my photo above for what exactly they should look like.
- Next, you mash your bananas in a big bowl. You can leave them slightly chunky if you like but not too chunky. Then you add in your maple syrup and peanut butter and whisk until a batter is formed. Lastly, add the oats in and mix again.
- I like to use my favorite 1 tablespoon scoop to scoop the cookie batter onto my baking sheet. Then use your fingers to pat the cookies down a little so they are flat. Pop them in the oven for about 12-15 minutes and that’s it!
You don’t have to add any toppings to your cookies if you don’t want to! However, if you do want to jazz them up a little bit, here are a few ideas that we have done:
- Crushed Peanuts – I don’t give these ones to my one year old!
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Sliced Bananas – I tried these and they weren’t the prettiest after they came out of the oven but still tasted good!
We hope you are all doing well at home and finding fun activities to do with your children! Don’t forget to search our archives for creative crafts and activities, plus lots of easy recipes to make with your kids!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, or honey
- Optional toppings: crushed peanuts, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, banana slices
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large sheetpan with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Add the oats to a food processor and blend until broken up, pulse for 15-20 seconds. See photo above for how they should look once done.
- To a large bowl, add the banana and mash with a fork. Next, add the peanut butter and maple syrup and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the oats and mix again until combined. Use a tablespoon scoop to scoop the dough onto your sheetpan and then use your fingers to pat it down a little so the tops are flat. Optional: add a few chocolate chips or peanuts to the top.
- Bake cookies until bottoms are starting to brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition InformationYield 14 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 0mgSodium 39mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 4g
Nutrition information will differ depending on the brand of products used.