These Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins are easy to make and your kids will gobble them up so quickly! They’re packed with bananas and each one has a teaspoon of nutella in it!
These Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins are everything! We love muffins in this family and we love nutella, so these are perfect. They look fancy but they’re so easy to make and great for a special treat.
Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
I make banana muffins a lot but happened to have a jar of nutella in the refrigerator today and decided to add a spoonful to the top of each banana muffin and it was amazing! All you do is make your muffin batter and scoop it into the muffin tin like you normally would. Then, you take a teaspoon of nutella and place it in the middle of each muffin and then use a toothpick or knife to gently swirl it in. They bake up to be so pretty and you get a little bit of Nutella in each bite!
Healthy Banana Muffin Recipe
For my banana muffins I used my favorite Healthy Banana Bread Recipe that I created last year. I call it healthy because it’s lower in sugar than a regular banana bread recipe and can be made with whole wheat flour if you wish.
To Make Gluten Free
If you want to make this recipe gluten free, you can easily just sub a 1:1 gluten free baking flour.
To Make Vegan
To make the banana muffin recipe vegan, just sub a flax egg for the eggs. Nutella is not vegan but here is a vegan nutella recipe you can make and use!
These nutella swirl banana muffins definitely aren’t sugar free, so they may not be the best option for breakfast, although my kids demanded them for breakfast this morning haha, but they’re so great for a special afternoon treat or even dessert. The muffin itself isn’t super sweet so the nutella adds a nice sweetness. I do also have a banana muffin recipe that doesn’t have any added sugar that you could also use if you like!
We hope you enjoy these as much as we do! Let us know in the comments if you make them!
- 4 medium sized bananas, the riper the better
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, use refined if you don’t want it to taste like coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups flour (I like to use one cup whole wheat, one cup all purpose)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoons nutella
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan and set aside. Add the bananas to a large bowl and mash. Next, add the coconut oil, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, almond milk and maple syrup to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Next, add the remaining dry ingredients and mix again until everything is combined. Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop batter into muffin tin. Place a teaspoon of nutella in the middle of each muffin and use a toothpick or knife to gently swirl it around.
- Bake muffins until cooked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Muffins will also feel firm once done.
- Let banana muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 31mgSodium 173mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 3gSugar 22gProtein 4g