This Frozen Lemonade is like a drink and dessert in one! It’s so refreshing and the perfect thing to drink all summer long.
You guys, this frozen lemonade is my new summer obsession! I’ve done homemade lemonade before, but never frozen lemonade and I feel like I’ve been missing out all these years. It’s one of the most refreshing drinks I’ve ever tasted and is great for a midday drink after being outside all morning, or a delicious dessert!
It turns out Frozen Lemonade is really easy to make and only requires four ingredients. You do need a blender though, to make sure it’s nice and slushy instead of just chunks of ice in it.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this frozen lemonade recipe
- Lemons – Fresh lemon juice is a must for this frozen lemonade recipe! You also need a little bit of the lemon zest to really get that tart lemon taste so you will need to zest the lemon before you cut it and juice it. I used about 3-4 lemons in this recipe.
- Cane Sugar – I usually make my homemade lemonade with maple syrup instead of sugar, but I decided to use sugar in this recipe because I really wanted the sweetness to come through. I used organic cane sugar but regular granulated sugar would also work.
- Water – Just use whatever kind of water you use for drinking water.
- Ice – Ice is key to this frozen lemonade! I just used the ice cubes from the freezer. You can add extra ice to your blender if you want it super slushy.
This recipe is very adaptable and you will be able to adjust the amount of lemon, sugar or ice very easily. If you want it more tart, add extra lemon zest and juice and if you want it less sweet you can use less sugar.
Optional Additions To Your Lemonade recipe
You can easily customize your frozen lemonade by adding different kids of frozen fruit. Frozen fruit will make it even more slushy and delicious! Here are a few that would be great: strawberries, cherries, pineapple, mango, raspberries.
Check out exactly how we make this Frozen Lemonade Recipe below!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup can sugar
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until there are no large chunks of ice left, about 30 seconds or so.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1/4
Amount Per Serving Calories 69Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 17gProtein 0g
Nutrition information will differ depending on the brand of products used.