These Flower Garden Graham Crackers are fun to make, beautiful to look at and delicious to eat! Both you and your kids will have a blast making them!
If you’re looking for a fun and creative craft that is also edible, we have just the thing for you! These Flower Garden Graham Crackers are so fun to make and really allow your kids to be creative! You only need a few simple ingredients for the base and then you can use whatever fruit and nuts you have on hand to decorate!
My son likes to enjoy them by slowing eating each little separate piece but you could also just take big bites and it tastes a lot like a fruit cheesecake!
What You’ll Need For These Flower Garden Graham Crackers
- Graham Crackers – You could use regular, chocolate or cinnamon covered. We just had regular ones on hand and they worked great. You could also make your own if you don’t have any on hand and you’re feeling ambitious!
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese acts as the base to be able to stick everything else on the graham cracker. I like that it creates a white canvas to work on, but you could also use a nut butter, jelly or even frosting.
- Chocolate Cookie Crumbs – The “dirt” is made out of chocolate cookie crumbs. Any kind of cookie will work and your graham crackers will still be beautiful even if you don’t happen to have any cookie crumbs on hand! Crackers would work too!
- Pretzel Sticks – I used pretzel sticks for the flower stem and they worked great. If you don’t have any on hand, get creative and work with what you have!
- Fruit/Nuts/Seeds – I had recently gone to the grocery store when I made these so I just happened to have lots of fresh fruit to play with. We used strawberries, pineapple and blueberries. We also used dried fruit and nuts. There are so many options of what you can use to decorate your Flower Garden Graham Crackers with!
How To Make Flower Garden Graham Crackers
These are so easy to make and there are only a few steps:
- Start by spreading your graham cracker with cream cheese. It’s best if the cream cheese is softened because it will be easier to spread. You want to spread it carefully so you don’t break the graham cracker.
- Next, you add the cookie crumb dirt to the bottom of your cookie and lightly press down. Then, add the pretzel stick just above the dirt. It’s best if it’s right in the middle so you have lots of room to design your flower.
- Lastly, it’s time to get creative and design your flowers! You can either follow some of the designs we have here or do whatever you want! There is not right or wrong way to decorate these flower garden graham crackers!
Tips for making the perfect graham crackers
- If you let them sit a while they do get a little soggy from the cream cheese on the cracker, so they are best if they’re enjoyed right away.
- I made most of the leaves using strawberry leaves. They are edible but you can just remove them right before eating. Or, you can use something else like pumpkin seeds or kiwi to make the leaves and you don’t have to worry about it!
- Have fun and get creative! You can make up your own flower or try to recreate your favorite flower!
We look forward to seeing your beautiful creations!!
- Graham crackers
- Softened cream cheese
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- Pretzel sticks
- Fresh fruit, dried fruit or nuts
- Carefully spread the graham cracker with a thin layer of cream cheese. On the bottom of the graham cracker, press the cookie crumbs in and then add the pretzel stick.
- Design your flower by using your fresh fruit, dried fruit or nuts. Some fruit like blueberries can easily be used whole or you can cut shapes out of others, like strawberries and pineapple.
Best when eaten soon after making!